Thursday, 28 April 2011

Waiting for storm to pass

It’s just before 9 pm and we’re in the KSC press centre to see if the launch pad retraction will still go ahead tonight following lightening and thunder in an early evening storm.

The latest it can be to maintain tomorrow’s launch is around 1030 pm - technicians are out at the pad now checking to see if there has been any lightening or storm damage.


They are also reviewing the weather forecast for the night to see if it will be safe to proceed and then to start fuelling the giant external tank.


If things can’t start by late this evening then tomorrow’s launch could be postponed.

No comments:

Post a Comment